Friday, March 20, 2009

Busy Bees

Hello Everyone,

I don't know about the rest of you, but my sorority and I have been extremely busy.

Last Friday was Relay for Life. I helped out with registering people, before having to leave to see off friends. Our one sister Alex screenprinted our letters on the backs of our Relay shirts, so we could show support for the cause, as well as show people who we are.

That Saturday was also a dance party we attended for IGC, Phi Beta Sigma DJ'ed. It was definitely interesting to hear songs that I haven't heard since middle and high school. Overall, it was a good time.

Tuesday was St. Patty's Day...need I say more? I hope everyone had a great day that day.

In between these events, we had many quizzes and tests to study for.

Our Alumni Weekend is coming up, so we've been preparing for that great weekend. I was extremely excited, because I was at Walmart last week and I met an older sister who graduated in 1977! We've had a lot of trouble contacting older sisters from the 60's and 70's, so this is a huge breakthrough. Earlier in the year I sent out a message in our Oneonta Reflections and received emails from our Founding Sisters. It's just incredible being able to talk to these women. As a personal project, I've been recopying down our family lines, so all sisters can see who is connected to what family. I was able to trace them all the way up to 1980, so we are missing 20 years of history of our sorority. I'm really hoping to be able to trace the lines back up to our founding sisters. This project has taken me over 3 years now.

March 28th is Open House! Come visit our Pi Chi table!!

Peace, Love

LC

No comments: